Policies and Procedures
Below is an accounting of the policies and procedures adhered to by our studio. We kindly ask that you review these policies as they are paramount to ensuring that lessons are a happy experience for all parties involved. If you have any questions about any of these items, please do not hesitate to call or email Iris for additional clarification.
For your convenience, here’s the short version. A more detailed version is included below as well for those of you willing to read it!
The Short Version.
- $15 Family Registration Fee (one time only).
- Lesson Times are first come, first serve and subject to change.
- 1 Free Trial Lesson is available to each student, there is a $15 re-booking fee if you miss your trial as we still have to pay the teacher.
- Trial Lessons are booked based on current availability, which is subject to change. Your trial lesson time is NOT your final and designated lesson time. Final lesson times are not confirmed until a student has completed an online student registration and a family registration fee has been paid.
- We employ a 24-hour Cancellation Policy. Same-Day Cancellations are billable to the student.
- Teachers are prohibited from exchanging personal contact information with students/families – communication must be handled through the Studio.
- Lessons are billed by the month. Payment in Full is due by the 5th of the month.
- For safety’s sake, please physically come in to pick up your student.
- Our studio has zero-tolerance for bullying. Respectful behavior is required of all students.
Registration is $15 (one time only)
The Longer, Detailed Version.
Each student should have on-file a student Registration Form. This form is due with your registration fee and enables us to hold a requested time slot for your student. Enrollment and class times are accepted on a space-available basis.
Registration forms are available in office or online. The online registration can be found under the School of Music tab. Completed Registration Forms can be turned in at our store or emailed to email@example.com.
In an effort to preserve studio communications, teachers are prohibited from obtaining and exchanging contact information with students and families. All communication to/from teachers should be directed through the Office or sent through the online MyMusicStaff Portal. This ensures that the office is able to effectively manage scheduling and see to the needs of our students.
Invoices are sent 3 days before the beginning of the next month and are due by the 5th of each month. Any student whose account is not paid by the 10th of the month, will be removed from the schedule for the remainder of the month and/or until the balance is paid. In this instance a student may lose their initial timeslot to an incoming student. Additionally, a $5.00 late fee will be accessed on the account.
A live view of a Family’s account is available to you through the online portal for your convenience. This is available under the Account & Invoices tab located in the left-panel menu.
Payment can be made via this portal system using credit card, or you may choose to set up auto-draft payments. Additionally, payment can be made via cash, check or card on site. In the event that you would like to set up Auto-Draft for your monthly lessons, you will need to fill out a Credit Card Authorization Form.
Make Up Lessons.
To opt out of Texas Amps & Axes’ Photo/Video Release Policy, please stop by the office to fill out the opt out form.
Special Needs / Access.
Respect is wildly important to us! All students and parents should conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful of the studio space, fellow students & and to teachers. Students come to us through all walks of life, beliefs, & ideals – but respect is a common ground through all of these avenues.